Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

TWIS # 15 Milestone

This week in Science I did something that I didn't think I would have to do again. What my class mates and I  did was the marshmellow challenge with the same people we did the challenge with back in November. YES ! November! And we are in June! The people who were in my group for the challenge was NayQuan,Christin,Zaria,and I. Doing the marshmellow challenge again for the second time around was fun. It was fun because we did it timed the first time, and we had to make the marshmellow stand straight and tall with out falling.We did this with spagetti sticks,tape and a paper brown bag(if you wanted to use the bag). My team and I only got the marshmellow to hold up for like 1 minute. When we did the challenge back in November my group's cenemiter of holding it straight and tall was 79. When we did it this time in June, it was 67. I think it was 67 because if the time limit we had this time. Then, we did the challenge again, but we didn't messure it because we was just doing it for fun.

What I learned about working with the same group I worked with in November was that people can change. Back in November, my whole entire group was cool with eachother.You know, every one in our group was talking, bonding and what not. When we did the marshmellow challenge again, every one in my group wasn't as cool. I mean nothing happend, no body disrespected anybody. But we didn't connect as we did back in November. BUT, when it came to putting our marshmellow in a way in can stay steady with out falling, my group was on point. We bonded like old times in November, even twice as better. We bonded twice as better because we knew we wanted our marshmellow tower to not only look better than everyone else's, but to stand so it wouldn't fall. What I learned also was that, my group and I realized,we shouldn't have the marshmellow stand up the way we had it standing last time in November.So what we did was come up with a way we can learn to hold up the marshmellow without it falling. I learned if we would of did what we did fir the challenge in November, in November our marshmellow would have stood up straight by itself. But, now we learned in June how to keep it steady with out falling. What we did differently from June to Novembers tower was.. we taped our spagetti sticks down to the desk, so they can stay with out breaking, taped sticks on top of sticks tightly. We then put our marshmellow and it stood! This marshmellow challange was better than last times marshmellow challenge.


In this picture we couldn't talk so we was writing on post-its to show what we wanted to do to make our marshmellow stand straight.



In this picture it shows ME trying to keep the marshmellow from falling :-) 



In this picture right here, this is my favorite one and I choose it last so it can show how focused my whole group was in trying to make our marshmellow tower not collapse.

No comments:

Post a Comment